In 1926 a group of eleven Loudonville residents decided to form a private club convenient to their homes which would include a golf course and tennis courts. They purchased the old Hartman Farm consisting of approximately 200 acres and began construction of the Clubhouse in 1926. Albany architect, J. Worthington Palmer used the central portion of George Washington’s home at Mount Vernon as a model for his design of the Clubhouse.
hole golf course was completed in 1927 and was designed by Devereux Emmet.
During his career, Emmet designed over 150 golf courses throughout the
world. Some of the more notable courses he designed include Congressional Country
Club, Garden City Golf Club, St George’s Golf and Country Club, Wee Burn
Country Club and Leatherstocking.
Hanse Golf Course Design was retained and the firm prepared a long-range
plan to modernize the golf course and restore the 18 holes to the
original Devereux Emmet design.
In 2010, the club
contracted with Hepner Golf Design to lead the course restoration and
modernization project. Hepner Golf Design has completed restoration and modernization
projects at many classic era golf courses. Major design and
restoration work began in October 2010. Much of the golf course
has now been restored and modernized. Additional restoration efforts are
Schuyler Meadows Club facilities also include a driving range, practice putting green, short game practice facility,7 Har-Tru tennis courts, 3 paddle tennis courts and a 25 meter L-shaped swimming pool.
All these sports activities embrace the spirit of the club and have been part of its history for 93 years and are responsible for the club’s longevity and fame.